COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE DRIVERS ED
Are you at least 15 years old? Then you want to start on DMV approved Online Drivers Ed course. Upon completion of this course, you will receive form DL-400C that you present at the DMV in order to take the permit test.
GO TO A DMV TO TAKE YOUR PERMIT TEST
- Fill out application form DL44, take the written test, and pass to earn your permit (you must be at least 15½ to do this). Delta will provide you with form DL 44 upon completion of the classroom or online drivers ed course.
- Any legal document to prove your legal presence in the United States of America.
- Provide your SSN, which will be electronically verified with the Social Security Administration.
- Pay a nonrefundable application fee of $32. The fee is good for 12 months, for three times taking the written test and driving test, though the second and third driving test needs an additional fee.
- Certificate Of Completion Of Drivers Education(DL 400B classrooom or DL400C online)
- Make sure all documents are original (NO COPIES). The DMV will be taking your picture on this day, so be prepared for that, and your thumb print. Then you will be instructed to take the written test.
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses if you need them to pass the eye test.
If you are 17 1/2, you may obtain a permit without completing driver education or driver training. However, you can not get a license before you are 18 years old, or you must provide proof of driver education and training completion.
SIGN-UP FOR BEHIND THE WHEEL TRAINING
We/ll pick you up and drop you off, from school, home or work. Remember, you must hold your permit for 6 months before you can take your driving test. Delta has group of both, male and female instructors, experinced and patient instructors, which will make your classes enjoyable. Any package of behind-the-wheel training is divided into lessons of 2 hours each. Teaching you the basics and advanced aspects of driving.
Practice, Practice, Practice! Before you take the driving test at the DMV, you have to complete 50 hours of supervised driving practice (10 hours must be night driving) with parent(s), guardian(s), instructor(s) from Delta Driving School, or an adult 25 years of age or older who possess a valid California driver license.
TAKE YOUR DMV DRIVE TEST
- Make an appointment at the DMV
- Show proof you have finished Driver/s Training (DL400D) and had a California instruction permit for at least six months.
- Your signed permit by parent, guardian and instructor
- A California Licensed adult 25 years of age or older, or a driving instructor from Delta Driving School
- Valid vehicle registration and insurance
* Ask about our DMV Test package and take the test in our vehicle! (Please call our office for details).
Just follow those 4 simple steps and you/re on your way towards becoming a licensed driver! Of course, California driving laws and regulations change from time to time, so be sure to visit your local DMV website for the most up to date and complete information available regarding obtaining your driver’s permit and license.